Saturday, April 14, 2018

Control the Motorola DVR from Windows PC via IR

The Motorola DVR need IR to control it. This is what I use to send IR signals from my computer to my TV, Roku and use to use it for the Motorola DVR. So as long as your computer is in line-of-sight of your TV/DVR this will work.

You need an IR sender/receiver for your computer. I use the USB-UIRT, you can order it from http://www.usbuirt.com/ for $55 + $8 shipping.

In addition to that, you need software to use with it. I am using IRCommand2 Universal Remote Control Software for the PC. You can download it here http://www.wdpsoftware.com/wdpsIRC2/index.html
it cost $34.95 after the free trial. You will need to train it to learn the codes for each button. You make your layout; click learn; aim the DVR remote at the USB-UIRT and press the button. It's a one-time setup. I might even be able to send you my backup cfg file that you can just restore on yours. 

Here are screen clips of my remote screen. You can arrange the buttons however you want.


Inline image 1

Inline image 2

Inline image 3

Inline image 4

No comments:

Post a Comment