Friday, April 13, 2018

How to use Webhooks in IFTTT for Assistive Technology


I thought this was pretty neat. To test it out, I created a Webhook that sends a text message to my number when I click a shortcut on my desktop. There are all sorts neat things to do with 

I got the webhook to work with no problem using the URL

Wget was a little different than what was shown in the video.
The setup installed wget in "%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\GnuWin32\bin\wget.exe"

When I ran wget it said to add " --no-check-certificate". I did then it worked.

I created a shortcut on the desktop. That worked!


It showed the cmd window open briefly. To not show that, change "Run:" to Minimized.

So my command line is (shorten the key so it won't work):
"%PROGRAMFILES(X86)%\GnuWin32\bin\wget.exe" --no-check-certificate -O - https://maker.ifttt.com/trigger/SmsDemo/with/key/c_HM-bSiU9N


Links to items mentioned in the video:

No comments:

Post a Comment